During this project we had to show time. I decided to use a lighthouse for mine and make my project be a lighthouse being built. I did this by individually drawing out each section of the lighthouse and making it get bigger each time.
Monday, December 16, 2013
For my layers project I had a couple ideas. They all were similar because they all involved a balloon. I tried out a couple different options and only a couple of them worked. I first started with modge podging the balloon and using yarn to wrap it but it started to deflate if you didn't use enough modge podge. Then i tried a few more ways at home. I again tried the yarn but i used spray glue in between the layers and it stayed much better. I also tried using colored glue but it just deflated once i popped the balloon so then i finally tried paper macheing it first and it finally worked, and those were my two final ones.
The mediums i chose were yarn and colored glue, but i also tried to use the same colors in both of the balloons which is why they are both blue and green. I chose to use the colored glue because i saw someone else using it in my class and thought it would be interesting to try with my balloon project.
This was an intertextuality project. My project displays intertextuality becuase I chose the starbucks logo but instead of the mermaid in the middle I chose Medusa. I chose Medusa because I thought she would be a good fit, she is in ways similar to a mermaid but is also scary which is why I picked her. I also decided to choose a red drink, so that it would in a way portray blood and go along with the theme.
For this project I decided to try something new, which was my medium. I had never used water colors for an art project before. I chose to use water colors because I thought it would make the liquid in the cup look more realistic, I also wanted to try something new.
Friday, September 20, 2013
For this project we were supposed to make art using text and were giving a theme. For this project our theme was culture. So I decided to make the old American flag with the 13 stars representing the 13 colonies. I chose this because when I think about culture I think about how things started and how they used to be, so I did the original flag. To make the flag I used blue and red pens and wrote the Star-Spangled Banner and I wrote in the shape of the flag and then I put the stars on.
This is a close up of the blue and stars.
And this is the final product. I